Tour de Galaxy
QIC: Drain Hole
PAX (12): Abacus (Mark Green), Blue, Fenway, Fondue Guy, Jorts, LiMu, Skol, Sparky, Tweaker, Wideright, Yearn
First, this was honestly a last-ditch effort by YHC to prevent Wideright from occupying the Q sheet after last Tuesday’s BD (Real Founding Fathers); however, it also occurred to me that maybe others haven’t been blessed with the opportunity to experience all that our East Cobb Park surroundings have to offer. After all, we have TWO playgrounds, TWO pavilions, TWO fields, TWO large(ish) parking areas, a lovely sloping hill, and a friggin’ stage! Why would you need anything else?
This BD was orchestrated to tour all the areas mentioned and experience them from different positions, with one’s feet, legs, hands, back, etc. A total immersion, so to speak.
- 3x Burpees (b/c mumble chatter)
- 10x Abe Vigodas
- 15x Side Straddle Hops
- 10x Finkle Swings
- 3x Burpees (so Fondue Guy could get some)
- 5x warm-up Merkins
- begin the tour!
What’s a tour if you don’t get to spend ample time at each stop? (That’s rhetorical)
We kept a gentle pace between each stop to enjoy the view while maintaining our schedule.
- Stop 1 (11s on the hill):
- WWII (top)
- Bear Crawl / Crawl Bear (hill)
- J-Lo (bottom)
- Stop 2 (upper playground): 20x Burpees
- Stop 3 (upper pavilion): 30x Step-ups (both feet)
- Stop 4 (upper parking lot): 40x Dying Cockroaches
- Stop 5 (lower pavilion): 50x Derkins
- Stop 6 (lower playground):
- 10x Burpees (b/c Jorts would not exit the kid car)
- 60x Squats (cadence dividedly called by Sparky & Wideright)
- Stop 7 (stage):
- 35x Dips
- 10x Burpees (rest for Dips)
- 35x Dips
- Back to the flag w/Foxholes until time
- The Fowler family
- Skol’s mother, Dawn
- Sparky’s mother, Karen
Fenway led us out
Thanks to Fenway for his statements today in the COT. His words were an encouragement and well-received. Much appreciated!