Oh, The Many Ways Things Can Go Downhill

AO: Widowmaker

When: 02/25/2023

QIC: 1st rule

PAX (21): Angus, Cox, Deep dish, defcon2, DeLorean, Doughboy, Floaty, Funyun, Ha-ha, Humperdinck, Lotus, Mater, Meatball, NRA, Sparkie, Stu, Sunshine, TMI, Walkie Talkie, Zohan


YHC has gotten a reputation for certain modes of locomotion going up (and down) our favorite hill. Full disclosure, those locomotion methods are meant to save everyone’s knees to some extent, but let’s face it, bear crawling up the Widowmaker is a novel way of keeping things fresh. Regardless, finding novel ways to challenge PAX is part of a Q’s remit, so challenge accepted – and because the weather cleared, we didn’t have to do an hour of  tabatas under the a pavilion. With a veteran crew, shortened disclaimer was given, and AWAAAAAY we went….


12 each of:


Willie Mays Hays


Moroccan Night Clubs


Mosey to the Widowmaker hill

The Thang:

  1. Going down hill: 1 broad jump (downhill), 1 mercan (downhill), 1 big boy situp (uphill), increasing by 1 rep of each until hitting 10 of each. Mosey to the bottom, Imperial Walker for the 6
  2. At the bottom: combo of 2 11’s (or 22’s), starting with 10 Carolina dry docks in the cross walk, paired with a run to the end of the guard rail for 1 monkey jumper, back to the cross walk for 10 more dry docks, then run to the cul de sac for 1 squat. Run back to the cross walk for 9 dry docks, and proceeding as a normal 11 (except doing 2 simultaneous combos). Short Mary for the 6
  3. Going up hill: PAX lined up single file for a BerIndian Lunge Walk up hill, each PAX lunge walking up hill while the end PAX does a Bernie Sanders to the front of the line. All PAX had at least 1 cycle, and as we reached 90% to the top, mosey’s the remaining 10% to the top. Mosey back to the soccer field.
  4. Circled up for a Jack Webb (1 Mercan to 4 Air Presses, worked up by 1 until we were at 10 Mercan and 40 Air Presses).
  5. Bloody Mary: Pax went to low plank, where the group started and finished each cycle with 10 Pickle Pounders and 10 Seconds of Low Plank (reverse at the end of the cycle); Cycle 1 included 15 Gas Pumpers, Cycle 2 – 15 American Hammers, Cycle 3 – 15 Flutter Kicks, Cycle 4 – LBC’s. AND THAT WAS TIME!


  1. Don’t forget to check Slack for Hill Seeker sign up and the upcoming blood drive.
  2. Prayers for Lotus as he returns to the great white north
  3. Thank you Sparkie for your “6” contribution……

Naked-Man Moleskin:

Very pleased with the turn out and the effort in today’s BD. From the near-perfect weather for a beatdown to the quality of the mumblechatter, it was a great day to Q. As always, so honored to lead you all as we accelerate!

Leave a Comment