With monsoon season making an unexpected appearance this AM, Nature (and hence, Necessity) proved out to be a real Mother. YHC had (operative word, HAD) a workout all nicely planned, then realized that unless he wanted to get everyone sick with pneumonia, audibles were needed. Thank goodness for the overhang – so with the yell of OMAHA, we checked into a different play and off we went.
12 each of:
Willie Mays Hays
Moroccan Night Clubs
To simulate a mosey, 50 SSH’s
1. To the tune of “The Mustache Song”, pax did 5 Hillibillies / 1 burpee, 10 Hillbillies / 2 Burpees, and 15 Hillbillies / 3 Burpees. Hillbilly for the 6
2. 11’s, with 20 jump squats after each individul exercise to simulate travel. T-mercans paired with Monkey humpers
3. Tabatas, pairing BTTW with Bonnie Blairs
4. 11’s, lining up on one side of the overhang, travelling with a down and back Colonel Sanders after each exercise (duck walk while doing air presses – it’s harder than it sounds). Exercises were Carolina Drydocks and Mountain Climbers
5. Mary – 10 buzzsaws, 10 second hold on low plank, 20 American Hammers, 20 Flutter Kicks, 26 LBC’s
And that was TIME
1. Santa Ruck on the 10th – make sure to donate (and hit Ballboy’s or Feather’s Venmo), as Hooch is competing witb Gladiator for most donations. Blood drive this Friday 12/2. See 3rd F for details.
2. Prayers for travel mercies for Dinghy and Jocko, and prayers for calm and good preparation for all 2.0’s who are getting ready for finals. Finally, prayer for peace within our families, communities, and our country.
YHC wasn’t sure how a low-travel BD would go, but wow, it just goes to show you that it’s not always necessary to have 3 miles of travel to make PAX sweat. It just takes a little creativity and a jammin’ play list. So get on the Q sheet, use those creativity muscles, and…..EVERYBODY DANCE NOW!