IPC Week 2 but Really Week 3 Because We Start at Zero
PAX (13): Bo Knows, Delicious, Dinghy, DREAMER, Macbeth, Mater, Moonshine, Motorboat, Scratch-Off, Snowbird, Spandex, Tar Heel, Brownie
Those who have been following YHC’s rambling, personal blog (hosted here, disguised as Backblasts) know well my vendetta against IPC Challenge. But this week was awesome. With a short video. And a bunch of stuff to make us swole AF.
Some of our brave PAX decided to start a little early today because they realized that a 45-minute AMRAP might not fit in the allotted 45-minute BD if they also wanted to warm up beforehand. But hey, no judgement; there was an option for those who don’t really care about IPC or didn’t see the Slack of FB announcements.
So at 5:05am we spent about 10 minutes getting loose and going over the Thang so we could start promptly at 5:14am. Warmup was the normal array of SSH and such. I believe we went with Imperial Walkers instead of Hillbillies because it’s good to mix it up sometimes.
The setup was a 5-sided star (easy there, Dan Brown, not that kind of star) centered at midfield with a cone, each point marked with more cones 25 yards from center.
And here’s how the BD went:
- 5 ManMakers in the middle. Rifle carry to cone 2 and perform 10 “We’re Not Worthy”. Farmer carry back to center.
- 5 ManMakers/Blockees in middle. Rifle carry to cone 3 and perform 15 Goblet Squats. Farmer carry back to center.
- 5 ManMakers/Blockees in middle. Rifle carry to cone 4 and perform 20 Overhead Triceps Extensions. Farmer carry back to center.
- 5 ManMakers/Blockees in the middle. Rifle carry to cone 5 and perform 25 KB Swings. Farmer carry back to center.
- 5 ManMakers/Blockees in the middle. Rifle carry to cone 6 and perform 30 Curls. Farmer carry back to middle.
The idea was to get as many total reps during the 45 minutes, and I’m proud to say that I heard several PAX counting well over a thousand. It’s kind of a big deal.
- Brownie’s Dad’s girlfriend’s surgery
- Dinghy & Scratch-off’s Job Search
- Praises for the BRR guys returning
This was a freaking great workout. It was a repeat from IPC a few years ago, and it was truly one of my favorites. Y’all make sure to ice up and stretch because that was a whole bunch of blockies.
Also, stop giving Spandex a hard time about measuring feet instead of yards. These are confusing times. For example:
- We do the 3rd IPC workout on a week labeled IPC Week 2
- We work out on either a soccer field or a football pitch…AND both soccer fields and football pitches aren’t real specific on standard dimensions.
- Inflation is tough…I think we can all relate to thinking that we were going to pay $1 for something when it was really $3.
- In summary, numbers DON’T MAKE SENSE. They’re confusing. And so, I stand in solidarity with our OG Leader to announce that I counted off 25.5 yards instead of 25.
Special thanks to the IPC Evil Empire for giving us a good one!