In honor of the last week of school, we made a visit to “Shawshank Elementary”. A school themed workout based on a modified “Billy Madison”. With a wet football field and the Saved by the Bell theme song blasting we got to work.
Quick mosey to the softball field parking lot then:
– 10 SSH
– 8 Weed Pickers
– 12 Hillbillies/Imperial Walker (this was my VQ and I my have said one exercise and performed the other…)
The goal was to have the PAX graduate Elementary school and have fun in the process.
Kindergarten started at the goal line and to pass the given grade, you had to complete the exercise and run to the other goal line and back. After each grade completion, you begin the loop back on the goal line.
– Goal Line (Kindergarten): Bear Crawl to the 10yd line
– 10yd Line (1st Grade): 10 Stepback Lunges/Alpha
– 20yd Line (2nd Grade): 20 Mercans
-30yd Line (3rd Grade): 30 Mt. Climbers/Alpha
-40yd Line (4th Grade): 40 Squats
-50yd Line (5th Grade): 50 LBC’s
– Graduation Lap + 50 Shoulder Press
– Recess: Burpee Baseball (weighted baseball hit from a tee. Every yard the ball traveled the next man in line had to perform that many burpees.
In true Norseman fashion, @Pepper and @Chapter11 modified the exercise and had a bat throwing contest. @Chapter11 cleared the fence and took the crown.
@Stu politely encouraged the PAX to sign up for future Q’s.