‘Twas the day before training camp…..and all through the Hooch…..
AO: The Hooch
PAX (8): McGuire, Popper, Stuckey's, Ballboy, Puff Daddy, Ready-Mix, Wingnut
Two for pre-run (Popper/Ballboy)
With the exception of 2 teams, NFL clubs are reporting for training camp on Tuesday. Rather than watching from the seats, YHC felt it would do us all good to be the men in the arena and get into training camp. Yes, many of us have long since hung up our pads and snapped that chin strap for the last time, but it doesn’t mean we can’t endeavor to get into in-season condition!
To ensure that offseason rust didn’t affect the BD, PAX did the following:
12 Weed Pickers
12 Side Straddle Hops
10 Moroccan Nightclubs
1/4 mile mosey
To the strains of the soundtrack from “Rudy” and the driving rhythms of tunes from NFL films, the PAX sweated through the following BD:
1. Circle up, chop feet high, and each PAX dropped the group for a burpee
2. Line up along the parking lot: Alternating parking spots, bear crawl, jump squat up, high knees. At each island, 5 Bigboys. Repeated through first 25 parking spaces.
3. Coming back, Jalen Ramsey/Bernie Sanders back 2 spaces, burpee, run forward 1 space, burpee, rinse and repeat until back at the beginning
4. Mosey to the backside of the steakhouse, tabatas with Balls to the Wall alternating with AMRAP squats
5. Proceeded to back of parking lot, on to 11’s (Big Boys paired with Hand Release Merkens). Down and back to first island with each exercise.
6. Pax lines up, then lunge walked in single file (hands raised), then conducted modified Indian Run, with last PAX going to front with high knees
7. Mosey to the flag, one final circle up, chopping feet with each PAX dropping the group for a burpee.
8. Conducted full 7 minutes of Mary, including: Gas Pumpers, Flutter Kicks, American Hammers, LBC’s, Dying Cockroaches, V-ups, Rosalitas, Freddie Mercuries
1. Ensuring that we continue to support our US Olympic Rugby team, be sure to watch their match against South Africa
2. We prayed for Wingnut’s son, may the doctor’s find the issues that are causing him pain, and that he be healed completely and quickly.
3. For all other prayers, said and unsaid, we pray….AMEN
What a great morning to get out and relive the start of football camp……and to experience that same level of comraderie that one experiences when locked in common purpose. Although our common purpose may not be a state or national championship, but we are striving to improve and be champions nonetheless: Champion husbands, fathers, sons, brothers, friends, bosses/employees, and neighbors. Thank you all again for the opportunity to lead again, men. GREAT WORK!