6 men braved the winter gloom for the January 30 installment of Norsemen and YHC’s VQ. Here’s what we did:
Slow mosey to and around the lighted football field then
SSH – 15 (IC)
Imperial Walkers – 10 (IC)
Weed Pickers – 10 (IC)
No Surrender – 8 (IC) Lots of mumble chatter because of those poor knees.
Mountain Climbers – 30 OYO
YHC had cards with an exercise and varying make/miss counts for our Lawn Dart throw. Pax would attempt to throw a Lawn Dart to land within a 4 ft circular target on the ground 15 meters away. Coupons were cinder blocks loan to us by Nacho and Medicine Balls weighing 20 lbs to 25 lbs. The shooting order was Beaker, Nacho Libre, Ha-ha, Crykie, Pumba, and YHC. Here’s what we did:
Bat Wings – Miss – 20 (IC Pax called)
Run – Miss – 2 Laps
Scorpion Dry Docks – Make – 10 (IC Q called)
Jack Webb w/ Coupon – Miss – 10 (OYO)
Split Squats – Miss – 10 (IC each leg Pax called)
Alternating Lunges – Miss – 20 (OYO)
Coupon Curls – Miss – 30 (OYO)
Apollo Ono’s – Make – 50 (OYO)
Kettle Bell Swings – Miss – 40 (OYO)
Medicine Ball Slam – No Throw – 10 (OYO)
Run – Miss – 2 Laps
8 Count Body Builders – No Throw – 10 (OYO)
Squat Jumps – Miss – 30 (OYO)
Merkins – Miss – 30 (OYO)
Skull Crushers w/ Coupon – Miss – 30 (OYO)
Medicine Ball Toss – No Throw – 10 (OYO)
Praise for Nacho’s M and her speedy recovery
YHC will be sending out a request for HC for two upcoming 3rd F Events:
No Longer Bound dinner – February 2020
Meals by Grace – March 2020
Happy Early B-Day, Ha-ha! – Try to catch him at the annual Barkley 5K this weekend at the Widowmaker.
– Ha-ha was the only one able to make a shot in the target.
– Logistically, not so easy to setup the coupons and medicine balls at zero dark thirty. Likely better to choose just one form of coupon and have Pax pickup as we get started.
– Beaker and Nacho Libre were monsters with the medicine ball toss up and down the field. Beaker also perfected the new APFT over the head toss.
– Thanks for @Waffle House of F3 Lake Norman for the idea. He Q’d a similar workout at the Fission AO using Basketballs.
– Would like to give an additional shout out to the F3 Nation. Little over a year ago, YHC was lying on an ER table with a BP of 213/169. Yesterday at the doc’s office, it was 110/82. F3 never left me behind and I’m better for it.