5 Pax beat the fartsack for a Shield Lock pre-run and 18 Pax posted for Q School at 0530. The wind was a bit nippy so we didn’t stand around for too long. Quick disclaimer and explanation and then a warmup.
Mosey lap. SSH, merkins, weedpickers. Explanation for warmup and how to properly call the cadence. And why we exercise in cadence.
Pax were pre-warned to bring a ruck and only old man Splinter forgot. Pax partnered up for modified BLIMPS. One partner ran the half lap around the parking lot while other partner worked through BLIMPS. 10 reps per exercise
- B- Burpees with jump over the ruck
- L- Lunges with ruck (10 each leg)
- I- Ruck over head with high knees
- M- Merkins with ruck on
- P- Press with curl
- S- Squat (front squat)
3 rounds running and 3 rounds BLIMPSing.
Short explanation about how to prepare and Q a beatdown. Focus on preparation, the string of pearls, and the 3S2T (strength, speed, stamina, physical toughness, and mental toughness).
Keep partner and ruck. Partner 1 does football drill down the parking lot. Partner 2 does 10 merkins with ruck and 10 front squats with ruck. Repeat until Partner 1 comes back. Repeat for 2 rounds.
Mosey to overhang. Find a spot on a column. Partner 1 in balls to the wall. Partner 2 bear crawls to sign and runs back. Switch and repeat for 2 rounds. Still time for ATMs.
Time for 5 MOM. Flutter kicks, dolly, rosalita, fun holding 6 inches, 45 degrees, and 90 degrees. LBCs and dying cockroaches.
COT and BOM
- Kotters to Ponyboy and Mr. Drummond and welcome to FNG Willis.
- T-claps for all who listened. Great to have so many new PAX ready to step up and Q.
- Merkins under a ruck needs to be a more regular feature judging by the pain inflicted. Best way to get better at merkins is to do weighted merkins.
- Approaching problematic numbers. Who wants to lead a new AO?