YHC has been slacking in the Back Blast department lately and had every intention of getting this posted before the new year, but better late than never. The PAX decided to say goodbye to 2018 by getting some extra sleep and going for a full hour to end the year right and I was ready to split the Q with my esteemed HIM brother, Cookie. Alarm goes off and I awake to a message from said HIM about his sick wife and 2 kids throwing up all night. No problem as I knew the chances of finishing my Q in time were slim so it worked out for the better. 8 PAX decided to Grind it out on a foggy but fairly dry New Year’s Eve morning.
- Pitstop pulled in as we took off so we did a quick Capri lap to let him catch-up.
- Standard fare of SSH, Hillbillies, Moroccan Nightclubs, Cotton Mill
YHC got a HC from Ha Ha and couldn’t pass-up the opportunity to enjoy the girlfriends one last time before the new year. Each PAX chose the prettiest and we moseyed over to the football field for a quick lap around the perimeter before lining up on the goal line for our 2018 sendoff.
18 reps of 18 exercises with a 10 yard GF lunge walk in between
- American Hammer
- Shoulder Press
- Calf Raises
- Skull Crusher
- Bag Flip Over Shoulder (*it was around this point that Swiper ripped a hole in his GF with his near Hulk-like strength and had to go and get a new one. Ha Ha confirmed that no one has ever broken one of his GF’s before and we all marveled at the specimen that is Swiper. RESPECT!)
- Chest Press
- Merkins on Bag
- Clean and Jerk
- SSH (hold bag over head or at chest)
- Backward Lunge
- Bagpees (x 19 this time to ring in the new year)
We still had some time left to partner up for a few wall exercises
- Pt 1 hold BTTW / Pt 2 does 20 dying cockroaches – flapjack
- Pt 1 hold Al Gore / Pt 2 does 20 donkey kicks – flapjack
Head over to the bleachers for some descending rounds of step-ups/dips (12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2)
The PAX were hoping to stay relatively dry and the ground was wet so Nacho led us through some T-Bombs and YHC wrapped with Buzzsaws
1/1 convergence at Widowmaker and update on expansion plans in Kennesaw, Decatur, and Madison (I think). Prayers for Cookie and his family’s sickness, Pitstop’s family dealing with an unfortunate rift, and Badger’s father-in-law who just entered into hospice care.
Also, Grindstone with be paring down to Monday’s only starting on 1/7. We’ll likely go back to Wednesdays when it gets warmer and we can build a bigger base of PAX to run the AO.
All 8 for Starbucks coffeteria after