I was always jealous of the summer birthday kids – good weather, outdoors, and many more options than what I ever had to choose from (Roller rinks or Chuck-E-Cheese). That being said YHC wanted to change it up a bit for the big 3-8 and see what kind of fun we could have.
First of all MAD respect for every Pax that wears one of these weight vests – Sprocket’s traditional re-gift was placed on my shoulders and my confidence levels dropped – 25lbs is no joke but loved every second!
- Crabwalk around the parking lot waiting for stragglers
- Reverse Indian run (that only kinda worked) all way to the football field – the rear pax ran backwards to try to catch the front.
- We stop at the parking lot in front of the field for
- 15 SSH
- 15 Cotton pickers
- 15 Mtn Climbers
- The field was set up with the following exercises at 6 locations:
- Bobby Hurleys
- Rockette Dips
- Nolan Ryans
- Crab Cakes
- One call Merkins
- We divided in groups of two
- Group 1 started running around the field while group 2 did AMRAP of above exercises; once back group 1 did the exercises while Group 2 ran.
- We repeated all the way around until after One Call Merkins where the “S” came into play
- YHC had a 32 foot slip-n-slide set up and ready to go in the middle of the field – each Pax was to sprint as slide as far as he could while other Pax ran along side.
- We then took the long way back for some limited Mary
The flashbacks of being completely soaked and covered in suds were there and all smiles from a 3+ mile beat down that ended with a splash.
- Coffee after
- Reminder on Hogwallow Thursday – now at Woodstock park starting point 530 sharp
- Thoughts: I never thought I’d be 38 years old and doing what I’m doing with this group – It’s truly life-changing and one of the best experiences any man could hope for. Always looking forward to the next BD – until then – Bronco out!