8 PAX posted for a great new BD. In his first time Q, @Tweaker as brought the pain with P90X-style Yoga moves that were absolutely miserable.
- Welcome disclaimers by Blue, who then surprised himself by setting a fast pace for a Mosey around the park.
- SSH x20, CP x15
- Blue passes off Q to Tweaker, who led the PAX up the hill to the parking lot
- Met up in the upper parking lot for some Broga fun
Started up with three Sun Salutations to warm up the PAX (swan dive to forward bend to flat back, jump back to vinyasa to upward dog to downward dog. Jump up to your feet and repeat)
Then time to move like a Warrior. 2 movements right and left leg of Warrior 1, Warrior 2 and Reverse warrior. (swan dive to forward bend to flat back, jump back to vinyasa to upward dog to downward dog. Leg high in the air and swing it though to runners pose turned foot to the side. Deep lunge into Warrior 1. Turn into Warrior 2, Arm back into revese warrior. Reversed these steps back to plank)
Then on to a little balance work. :slightly_smiling_face: Moved on to 2 movements of cresant pose and Warrior 3 then down to balance planks. (swan dive to forward bend to flat back, jump back to vinyasa to upward dog to downward dog. Leg high in the air and swing it though to cresent pose. Leaned forward as far as we could go lifting the back leg off the ground into Warrior 3)
Decided we weren’t suffering enough and it was time for some plank walkers forward backward and round the circle.
Then 10 merkins followed by some 2 movements both legs of downward dog situps. I’ll explain … You bring your right knee to your forehead and back up. Right knee to left (opposite side) elbow and back up. Right knee to right elbow and back up.
Finally we slowly rolled up to Chair and back to standing position
- Tweaker hands Q back to Blue
- Mosey down the steps.
- Pair up at bottom of steps,
- 1 partner does AMAYC of the exercise. The other partner Bernies up the steep hill and back down the stairs. Then the partners swap. When both partners have had a turn, regroup and select a new exercise. Exercises were:
- Arm Circles
- ABC’s – use legs to draw circles
- Mosey to the parking lot, Mary to the 6:15.
Notes: On behalf of Blue and Tweaker, it was honor to Q all of you men today. Thank you. Shout out (and F3 mug) went to Turbine for spending an hour yesterday taking us through a Q-school dry-run.
Dedicated our BD is to @DoubleDown, our brother PAX in F3 Lexington who is fighting cancer. We wore our black and rep’ed our Aces of Spades:
Let’s step up to Q–don’t need to ask others to Q us at the #Galaxy when we have such great PAX here already!
COT: Gratitude for putting challenges in our way to help us grow. Prayer requests Chelsea and any others on IR. Prayers for an un-named fartsacker who was supposed to co-Q. Prayer for brother PAX in F3 Lexington dealing with Cancer. Prayers for those who struggle with holiday pressures/temptations.