A great showing of 10 souls plus a Q to face the waning humidity of the summer and embark on an adventure to the GSU satellite parking deck.
Line up on the curb:
- High Knees to the light pole
- Butt-Kickers to the other curb
- Lunges back to the light pole
Circle Up (all IC):
- 10 x Monkey Humpers (because we love them, they are laughable at first, then burn so deep)
- 10x Side Straddle Hop
- 10x Merkins
- 10x Imperial Walkers
Thang 1 – Run so far away
Cherokee run to the back GSU campus parking deck, about 1 mile away
Thank the Burpee gods for permission to run with 20x Burpees OYO
Thang 2 – Captain Robert Perry’s Grass Drills mixed with Pinochle
Captain Robert Perry – Now Lieutenant Colonel Perry – An impeccable example of an Army Officer and leader of men, impacting lives for the better, known for great one-liners, and setting the example every day in Babil Province, Iraq and at Fort Hood, Texas with the Death Dealers as Hellcat 6.
Start at the base of the ramp to the second level, execute the following Captain Perry Grass Drills half way up the ramp and back:
- High Skip
- Bear Crawl (I think I heard some threats, at least some curses on this one)
- 50%/75% Sprints to halfway and back each, then 100% sprint to the top of the ramp and back
At the end of each grass drill, draw a Pinochle card for added enjoyment and pleasure.
- 9 = 9x
- 10 = 10x
- Jack = 12x
- Queen = 13x
- King = 15x
- Ace = 20x
- Joker = 30x (Don’t draw a joker!) – First Joker is Burpees, Second is Squats
- Diamonds = Burpees
- Spades = Squats
- Clubs = American Hammers
- Hearts = Merkins
Fortunately, out of all of the draws of the deck, nobody was a Blue Falcon and drew a Joker. We had an Ace of Diamonds, a King of Hearts, amongst others.
Thang 3 – Hurry Back, Rewards Await
Run back the one mile to DHS OYO. There is a prize based on how long it takes the group to make it back.
- Over 12 min – 30x Burpees
- 11-12 min – 25x Burpees
- 10-11 min – 20x Burpees
- 9-10 min – 15x Burpees
- Less than 9 min – 10x Burpees
The whole group made it under 12 min so we were rewarded with 25x Burpees. Unfortunately, we were robbed of the total reps as 6:15 hit mid-execution. Many wailing and gnashing of teeth in disappointment.
Sleeper leads on Thursday, so get your rest.
Prayers for ability to come out and push through, for our brothers not with us, and to be a light, follow His ways in our day.