Great job by our guys this past weekend with multiple events. From the Blue Ridge Adventure race to the 5/19 ruck event to raise awareness for Armed Forces Day. Great work guys, we may not be leading in points for the month, but your impact is great nonetheless.
Run down of the Beatdowns:
- Monday: 5:30 am
- The Kodiak (Creekview HS)→ Q: Floppy
- The Hurt Locker (Veterans Park)→ Q: Babyface
- Tuesday: 5:30 am
- The Paragon (Dean Rusk MS) → Q: Homeboy
- Cheetah (Holly Springs ES)→ Ricky Bobby
- Wednesday: 5:30 am
- The Kodiak (Creekview HS)→ Q: Misty
- The Playground (Avery ES) → Q: The Mole
- Thursday: 5:30 am
- The Paragon (Dean Rusk MS) → Q: Spaceballs
- Stoneclad Sequoyah Park)→ Q: LawDawg
- Friday: 5:30 am
- The Playground (Avery ES) → Q: Nomad VQ
- 3rd F @ the Barn → Q: Homeboy → Men’s discussion group. 5:30-6:30 am
- 2nd F → Lunch @ Chipotle @ Canton Marketplace (unless otherwise specified)
- 3rd F Opportunity → looking for a few guys in the evening to help with some yard work for Bloodhounds M-in-law who is a 2 year cancer survivor. Anyone able to help out starting around 7pm for a couple of hours to help her clean up the yard a little would be very awesome. She lives in Forest Creek, DM me for more info.
- The Hurt Locker (Veterans Park):
- PreRuck/Run: 6:00 am
- Beatdown: 7:00 am → Q: Bloodhound
- The Hurt Locker (Veterans Park):
Other News and events:
- F3/Fia/2.0 workout on June 2nd @ 7:30 am. Bring your 2.0 &/or M to try out the fun. I need someone to step up and help to Q the workout( Please DM me if you would like to Q it). We will have a Fia lady Q half & an F3 guy for the other. We will also be looking to bring some refreshments. Juice, water, fruit, something fun to munch on after the workout. Would love some help.
- Staying with the 2.0 workout theme: The June 2nd beatdown will kick off our summer 2.0 beatdown series. Every Saturday in June and July we will have a 2.0 mini beat down from 8:10 to 8:40 (30 minute beatdown for the kiddos for those of you that are not so good at math). I’ve made a Q sheet (despite my reluctance) to better organize for this and would love to have some of your guys sign up to help out: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tXOmQyusGzNcGLAww1nLvnpODzD6DJbmU0XY6PITsqY/edit?usp=sharing
- Amicalola Falls Road trip beatdown scheduled for June 16th
- Launching @ Holly Springs Elementary on THIS (yes actually this Tuesday unlike last week, my bad)Tuesday May 22nd → Site Q: Ricky Bobby
- Downtown Woodstock Launch is getting super close, if you know a sadclown in the area, hit up Manning so we can get in touch. June 4th will be here soon, and Manning has done some great prep work on The Clinic, with a great backstory and everything.
Upcoming F3 Dads events:
- Looking for a summer service project (3rd F) for dads & 2.0s sometime during the summer. If you have any thoughts or ideas let me know (F3TheKodiak@gmail.com)
- F3 Dads Spartan Race 10/27 at the horse park in Conyers. Sign up soon for the best possible price. More info here: http://f3alpha.com/index.php/event/f3dads-spartan-race/
- We will look for a date for a 2.0 campout, so stay tuned for info
It is our nature to say “Let’s keep them in our thoughts and prayers” every time a tragedy like what happened in Texas this past week occurs. And we absolutely should, yet again do this. But more than just this town with this immediate impact, we need to keep our younger generation as a whole in our prayers. This problem is devaluation of human life is becoming an epidemic. Whether it is a young person not valuing another person’s life or their own, this is not just a Texas problem, or a Florida problem, but a problem for our younger generation as a whole.
We as men and leaders in this community are charged with the task to ACCELERATE toward growing and cultivating a stronger crop of humans for the generation. We can not be COAT HOLDERS and allow these problems to persist. That is why I feel very strongly about F3, F3dads, and the 2.0 workouts. Because it is not just for the immediate impact that it has on me personally, but the impact that I see it has on my own children and family. We are the most important influencers in our children’s lives. If we demonstrate the way, more times than not, they will want to follow. The men in our area need this, because their children need this, to grow and become self confident and self reliant, and learn not to crumble at every tough situation. T
I realize this is a bit of a tangent and soapboxy, but as someone who is in the schools on a daily basis this week, and honestly this past year has made its mark on me. I worry for this next generation as a whole, but I know we as ACCELERATING MEN can make a dent at least in our surrounding communities.
ACCELERATE: To increase the pace of Movement.
ACCELERATING MAN: A man committed to Acceleration.
COAT HOLDER: A man who tolerates the lack of Virtue among the Leaders in his Community.
You got questions, I’ll get answers. Send them here: F3TheKodiak@gmail.com