15 PAX showed up for a mid week beat down. As we prepared to start our Mosey, Goat showed up wrapping up a quick half marathon pre-run. Strong suspension that Goat is half robot and doesn’t sleep.
Started a slow mosey headed to the pond. Along the way, did some warm up exercises in motion to loosen up and stay on the move.
- Russian Soldiers x 12
- Imperial Walkers x 12
- SSH x 12
Moseyed to the stairs by the pond. All PAX grabbed a stair and did some calf raises in cadence.
- Both legs x 25
- Left leg x 15
- Right leg x 15
Mosey some more down to the parking lot by the football field. Lined up across the parking lot and lunged half way across the lot. When Q called sprint, group sprinted the rest of the way. Continued the mosey through the trail until we got to the playground. Completed a Murph format workout for our cores. We did five rounds of:
- 10 hanging leg lifts
- 20 BBS
- 30 full cadence flutter kicks
Group did Mary as we waited on the six.
When six was in we moseyed over to the hill. YHC called it the Accountability Hill. Group was to perform:
- 20 Merkins – To get the May 5,000 Merkin challenge started off right we were going to hold ourselves accountable for doing all the Merkins with good form. Each PAX could call out another for bad form and if called out PAX would have to crabwalk up the hill instead of bear crawl. Qty didn’t matter but form was the key.
- After Merkins, PAX would bear crawl to the top (unless penalized, which quickly backfired b/c YHC was the only penalty offender of the day).
- At the top, 30 Monkey Humpers
- Then bear crawl back down.
Rinse and repeat 5 times.
- Side Note : Some PAX claimed to hear the encouragement of Bear in their heads as they were bear crawling up the hill. Other PAX thought they saw in the distance a runner speaking words of encouragement to the squirrels and birds as they started their day. The Gloom brings strange things.
Mary for the six at the bottom of the hill until the six arrived. Group sprinted up the hill and moseyed back to the flag. A few rounds of Mary which some extended flutter kicks and 6:15 arrived.
- Prayers for Circus’s neighbor who recently had a nephrectomy. Praying for a speedy recovery.
- 3rd F tomorrow at Crazy Love downstairs.
- Weather is getting warmer, lets keep encouraging those we haven’t seen in awhile to get back out.