With balmy temperatures finally starting to make an appearance, YHC concluded that it would be a fine time to roll the clock back and reintroduce a beat down from warmer days. Great to have Chelsea back in the fold – he may have a bum knee, but his hair WAS silky and fabulous this morning (according to Bronco). With time approaching and no sign of the young and restless IBeam, for whom this old YHC had a special treat, it was time to get our Murph on.
Phase 1 of the Murph – one-mile mosey with a round of burpees for the six just over halfway. Chelsea led the low-mosey group of 1 with a set of bear-crawls across the football parking lot and waited to join the PAX for the final stretch to the playground for the next phase.
Phase 2 of the Murph – however you want to accomplish the following:
- 100 Pull-ups (inverted swing-set rows for a lighter option, or when completely gassed)
- 200 Merkins
- 300 Squats
Some good mumble-chatter going on. While many/most chose to break their reps up into rounds of 10, Goat opted to do each exercise in full starting with Merkins (I believe). Swing-set started to get some good use after rounds 3 or 4, so all PAX were ensuring the reps got in. Solid work by all.
Once all reps are completed, join YHC at the picnic tables for rounds of the following:
- 15 Step-Ups
- 15 Decline Merkins
- 15 Incline Merkins
- Rinse/Repeat until YHC calls it
With 14 minutes remaining, YHC led the PAX on a long mosey back to the flag to complete Phase 3 of the Murph – another 1 mile run. No timing today, but we’ll need to pencil that thought for the future to gauge improvements. Once back at the flag, a round of Mary for the six consisting of:
- Dying Cockroaches
- Diamond Merkins
- Flutter Kicks
- Prayers for IBeam and his family as they deal with a difficult week of sickness.
- 3rd F at Crazy Love Coffee every Thursday at 0630.
- Safe travels for those heading out of town for the Easter holiday.
- Pencil your calendars – Virginia Slim turns 50 soon and has a 4/11 birthday Q to mark the occasion. Don’t miss it!