As YHC turned right out of his subdivision, he witnessed a HUGE moon sitting low on the horizon and knew it would be a good morning to get out into the gloom. As it turns out, 17 other former sad clowns thought the same thing and posted as well. Since a bit of colder air returned to North Georgia and the real deal has now closed in PyeongChang, YHC thought it fitting to conduct some Olympic events at the The Firehouse.
- SSH x 21 IC (YHC was shaking off cobwebs and threw in an extra SSH)
- 2 Burpees OYO
- Hill Billy’s x 15 IC (Law Dog was quick to inform YHC my form resembled Homeboy’s unique take on the Hill Billy)
- 4 Burpees OYO
- Windmill x 10 IC
- 6 Burpees OYO
Now that we were fully warmed up and Mickey joined us, off to the various events. A short mosey over to the pavillion / benches where we performed 3 rounds of exercises OYO while air chairing it for the 6 between each round.
- Merkins x 20
- Dips x 20
- American Hammers x 20
Since the USA brought home the first ever Gold medal in Curling, it had to be first. All PAX lined up in single file with arms length distance in between. Start with left leg forward lunge and hold while tail gunner sprints to front of the line. Then switch to right leg forward lunge and hold while tail gunner sprints to front.
Moseyed up to round about while doing karaoke right between no parking signs and then left between next step of no parking signs. At the round about all PAX lined up on perimeter of circle and held plank while each PAX sprinted (i.e. speed skated) around the outer sidewalk. Houser, Banjo, and a few others really dug in their skates as they were movin!
Moseyed back down the parking lot. YHC ain’t the fastest runner so a few of the PAX made it all the way back to the flag and had to be recalled! For our ski jump, we did burpee long jumps across the parking lot. Once everyone got to the other side, we ski jumped back.
2 Man Bob Sled
We headed to the soccer field and partnered up for the bob sled event. It consisted of wheel barrows and after every 2 steps the PAX either did a merkin or a squat depending on position. We bob sledded to mid-field, swapped positions, and then bob sledded back to the sideline. Lots of mumble chatter on this one!
Headed back to flag to finish out with some Mary which included:
- Howling Monkeys
- J-Lo’s (Law Dog)
- Lunge Squats (L & R – Cricket)
- Freddy Mercury’s (Fwd & Rev – Dash)
- Dying Cockroach (Reuban)
- LBC’s (Skynard)
COT / BOM
- Thanks to all The Firehouse PAX for welcoming us Kodiaks on this Tuesday morning – looking forward to seeing how many Sad Clowns are converted by The Firehouse at their one year anniversary
- Coffeteria was a hit as the Kodiaks admired the various choices The Firehouse PAX bring to their AO
- Keep your eyes open for more details in the future about visiting with Isaiah when he returns to the Shepard center