Winter is trying to hold out for a few more weeks but it looks like she is starting to waiver as I noticed more pax opting for shorts and t-shirts and leaving their winter coats at home. Today it was around 56 with impending rain but that did not stop us and never would. We had six join in for the morning Ruck as we raced around the Locker trying to avoid The Mole on his morning run. I would like to apologize to my fellow Rucker’s, apparently, I need to step up the Pre-Beat down Ruck because everyone has this newfound need to run at the end of our workout. I will take the hint people, I will step up my game and make sure you are all adequately challenged during the Ruck moving forward, this one is on me.
I would like to give a shout out to Smurfette from The Paragon who joined us this morning.
So On With the Show…
Started off with a little mosey to the Football field with Sand babies in tow.
Triple Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese (At Legionnaires request)
- Starting at the goal line do a proper low crawl pushing your sand bag in front of you to the 25-yard line, perform 25 Merkins, Run backwards to the goal line, and wait for the six.
- Run to the 25-yard line then low crawl pushing you sand bag to the 50, perform 50 Mt. Climbers. Run backwards to the goal line and wait for the six.
- Run to the 50-yard line then low crawl pushing you sand bag to the 75 then 75 Plank Jacks. Run backwards to the goal line and wait for the six.
- Run to the 75-yard line then low crawl pushing you sand bag to the Goal line then 100 SSH. Run backwards to the goal line with your Sand Baby and wait for the six.
- Replacing the Low Crawl with a backwards Bear Crawl with sand babies in tow of course.
- The final round was a traditional Quarter Pounder with sprints and no cheese. Thanks you Legionnaire.
Bring Sally Up
Did a quick set of these while passing the sand baby’s around in the circle.
Circle of Pain
Each pax selects an exercise to do with the sand baby for 10 repetitions.
- We want to welcome FNG “Voodoo” to Cherokee, Welcome.
- We also want to keep our friends and families in out thoughts, especially the families in Florida who have had to endure recent tragic events.
- Guns and Hoses 5K is next Saturday
- Spartan Sprint in Ft. Benning 4/14/18
- Spartan Super in Ashville 8/4/18
- 2nd Annual Camel Hump 9/1/18