With C4 needing to make a last minute trip to the northeast, YHC was able to move up my beat down by a week. 19 strong PAX came out in the somewhat windy gloom this morning (as proven by the shovel flag flying quite well) to participate in a Kodiak scavenger hunt to see what we could find. YHC freely admits that he wasnt sure just exactly how this would play out but it would be fun to give it a try. Okay…this is how it went down.
- Happy Jacks x 20 (In honor of C4!)
- Imperial Walkers x 12
- Sun Gods
- Plank Jacks x 15
Form up 2 teams with Babyface leading one and Bloodhound leading the other. Teams would given the first clue, mosey to the stop 1, perform the exercises listed, plank for their 6, then mosey to stop 2 based on clue provided at stop 1. Continue in the same pattern through all 5 stops…first team to find the Kodiak earns bragging rights.
Stop 1 – Kodiak 11’s (Wrestling Parking Lot)
- Start across parking lot – 1 x Star Gazing Squat
- Bear crawl across parking lot – 1 x Durkin
- Run up hill – 10 x Burpees
- Rinse & repeat – 2 x SG Squats / 2 Durkins / 9 Burpees
- Finish with 10 x SG Squats / 10 Durkins / 1 Burpee
Stop 2 – Kodiak Cave (Rear Bus Loop)
- 25 x Big Boy Sit Ups
- 50 x Mountain Climbers
- 25 x Monkey Humpers
While the original intent was to perform 3 rounds, YHC noticed the time and called an audible for only 1 round to ensure we would have enough time to complete all stops!
Stop 3 – Kodiak Archipelago (Side of High School)
- Partner Up
- Partner A: Balls to the Wall
- Partner B: 10 x Donkey Kicks
- Swap roles and repeat for 3 rounds (total reps = 30 x DK’s each)
Stop 4 – Ursus arctos middendorffi (Grizzly on football field)
- Partner rows x 10 (each person)
- Complete 3 rounds (total reps = 30 x PR’s each)
Stop 5 – Shovel Flag
- Flutter kicks x 15 (Dory)
- Freddie Mercury x 20? (Legionnaire)
- Flutter kicks x 50 (Bloodhound)
- J Lo’s x 20 (Law Dog)
While the actual Kodiak proved to be a bit elusive for the PAX (both groups finished together), the mumble chatter indicated the beat down was well received!
YHC has set a goal for his next Q to try to not screw up the name-o-rama!
COT / BOM
- Spartan race Ft. Benning – April 14, 2018 – let Babyface know if you have signed up – he is working on a Spartan / F3 race shirt
- Warrior Dash same day (4/14/18) – sign up on Promise 686 website – should have a good showing of F3 this year
- F3 Dads camp in TN this summer…more details to follow
- Prayers for Titlemax’s son Colby who is sick
- Continued prayers for Gamecock and his 2.0’s – Babyface reported that he and Homeboy were close to having the basket ready for the family. Thanks to all who donated and for everyone’s prayers thus far.
- YHC encouraged PAX to remember we are all there to grow ourselves and each other.
Galatians 5:14 KJV
For all the law is fulfulled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.