“Every time you train, train with the motivation and purpose that you will be the hardest person someone ever tries to kill.” – Tim Kennedy
One day after he was officially released from IR, YHC thought it was a fine time to be thankful and honor the services of Lt. Michael Murphy who was killed in Afghanistan in 2005 and posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor. These WO’s should not simply be reserved for Memorial and Veteran’s Day in YHC’s humble opinion.
None to speak of, other than a 1 mile hot-lap (we’ll get to that later) around the park to the playground.
Magically, our hot-lap placed us at ground zero for today’s beat down. It was time to get moving with a straight-up Murph consisting of the following:
- 100 Pull-ups
- 200 Merkins
- 300 Squats
Plenty of grumbling (aka positive feedback) when the workload was announced while Flip-Flop (visiting from up country) expressed his full appreciation for performing The Murph after running the Peachtree (or something along those lines). Some great work and cooperation amongst the PAX to ensure that nobody was shorted reps on the PU’s. YHC lost count and might have done an extra round for good measure, before announcing to the PAX to perform a “hot-lap BACK to the flag and return to the playground for extra work”. This is where things went South.
YHC finished his 10th (11th?) round and shuffled into the gloom back to the flag. Heading into the home stretch, YHC noticed some PAX moseying the opposite way (led by Grease Monkey & Chelsea, I believe). Apparently they didn’t get the memo that The Murph isn’t done after a slow mosey back to the flag. After some fly-by instructions to complete a FULL lap (not sure those were followed), YHC returned to the playground for a quick round of Mary while waiting on the PAX to gather:
- 50 Merkins (heard grumbling: more Merkins?)
- 50 LBC’s (phew)
- 30 Diamond Merkins (heard grumbling: really?)
Mosey back to the flag for a final round of Mary consisting of:
- 50 Flutter-Kicks
- 50 Dying Cockroach
- 30 4-count American Hammers
- Apologies to I-Beam who is still recovering from GrowRuck, although something tells me he wouldn’t want it any other way.
- Continued prayers for Sprocket’s family as they endure a really difficult stretch of family issues.
- Prayers for Chelsea’s friends who have been dealing with some heartbreaking family circumstances.
- I-Beam has the Q on Friday for those who need to work off some pumpkin pie.
- Trail-run at Hog Wallow (Vickery Creek Trail Head) on Saturday at 0700.