This A.M. we had a TESLA Model 3 inspired beat down. We had 9 brave men to rise to the challenge. The initials of Tesla were used for three different groupings accomplishing our goal in exactly 45 min.
(Disclosure – some exercise names were used, but per Q discretion, some movements were changed to fit a more rounded routine. Please be advised, no exercise names nor there intended purpose were harmed in this back blast.)
-Warm-up Mosey around the parking lot.
TESLA Model ONE
-Circle up around Q, in cadence.
- Tempo Merkin – 10
- Elvis Meets Forrest in a circle-Referencing the meeting between “Elvis” and “Forrest Gump” – alternative to lunges over a distance. Do your best impression of Forrest walking with leg braces and teaching Elvis his patented moves.
- Side Straddle Hops – 10
- Low Country Crab
- Annie – This exercise instructs pax on the art of clean floors, be warned some pax may break out in song and dance. Hold plank and rotate one arm in a circular motion while holding plank with the opposite arm. Q makes the call on time or repetitions.
-Ran across the parking lot and to the soccer field.
TESLA Model TWO
- Three Amigos – 3 Pax lock arms, squad and walk across the field.
- Escalator – 10 jump-ups, 20 burpees, 30 merkins, 40 squats, 50 lunge-walks. Run across the field between exercises.
- Slugger – Merkins, focusing on form. Run across the field between each set. 10 diamond, 10 regular, 10 wide, 10 offset and 10 offset.
- Lazy Dora – pax paired up, no running. One exercises while the other holds 6 inches. 100 LBCs, 200 dying cockroach, 300 Freddy mercury.
- ATM – 15 Alternating Shoulder Touches In Cadence (4-count), 10 Tempo Merkins (down on the 1-2-3, up on 4), 10 fast Merkins.
-Run back to the flag.
TESLA Model Three
- Travolta Merkins -Picture Saturday Night Fever while doing Merkins. Start in plank. First move is a Merkin. 2nd move is right arm high. 3rd move is to reach under and across your body as far as you can. 4th move is to reach high again. 5th move is back to the Merkin. Flapjack with the left and then flapjack until you’re sick of singing “staying alive, staying alive”
- E? – Q was too tiered to think of one.
- Scorpion Dry Dock – 10
- LBCs – Reverse – (See what I did there?)
- American Hammer
- Piggy’s Grandmother is moving in with his parents. They are make arrangements and upgrades to the house to accommodate Grandmother.
- Prayers for strength for Kirk Stephens with another round of chemo this week.
- Swiss is back after a long break. Feeling better/stronger after the beat down.
- Challenge all PAX to reach out to the sad clones in the next two weeks. School is back in and men should be back in town, ready to go.
- Word of thanks for Flo’s M to feeling normal and appreciating how that feels.
- Word of thanks for strong bodies and fellowship with F3 brothers.