6 tough HIMs ran through a myriad of fun this A.M at the #theHooch. Good to see Peanut on our side of the tracks this a.m. . Catfish and Sunshine were back. El Matador’s view was from the front of the line as usual. While Ponyboy made it just in time to catch the PAX on the mosey out. Honored to encourage and be encouraged by you men!
Warm-up: Mosey around the lot and back for some Windmills, Split Squats (L in front), and Split Squats (R in front) all IC.
YHC passed out 15 lb sand bag coupons that would hang out for the daily fun. They weren’t the ladies of #Widowmaker tradition, but they were something.
Long mosey to the lot by the little soccer field with coupons in tow and here’s went down there:
- 5-10-15-20- suicides with Monkey humpers at the turn (each island). Once finished, we Mike Tysoned for 10 reps, then planked for the six.
- Leg complex: 4x4x4…4 exercises, 4 reps, and 4 rounds. 4 Squats, 4 lunges, 4 Jumping lunges, and 4 broad jumps out. Back peddle to the starting point and rinse and repeat until four rounds were completed.
- Merkin complex: 4x2x2: 4 exercises, 2 reps, and 2 rounds. 2 merkins, 2 cross-over merkins, 2 diamond merkins, and 2 spider man merkins. Rinse and repeat for 2 rounds.
- 5-10-15-20- suicides with reverse lunges at the turn (each island). Once finished we planked for the six. Once everyone was in, side lunges were called including 10 leg raises (IC)…flap jack for the other side
- Mosey to the grassy area near the field for Captain Thors (with coupons). WOW. 1-4 big boy sit-up to A. Hammer ratio all the way up to 10-40.
- Mosey back to the flag area for a round of Lt. Dan’s 1-4 squats to lunges (with coupons). All the way up to 8-32.
- Father time caught up with us so we ended with 3 MOM: Atlanta Tomahawk Chops (new one and not sure if it has a name), Reverse LBCs, and Flutters
COT: Prayers for Catfish and his next career move, prayers for Nacho’s recovery, and praises for great family times.
Coffeeteria: 4 stayed for a great discussion about how to lead our families and not sin in our frustration, busyness, and need for results. We agreed as men we are often about results vs. the process. Sunshine shared some practical ways he has navigated those waters this summer. We talked about our kids education and our approaches. I love those times when I realize that it isn’t just me and give my brothers freedom to speak truth in to my life. We talked about 3rd F in general and what that means for theHooch going forward. We drank coffee, we chilled after a tough #beatdown.
And that’s what’s up.