This was only YHC’s 2nd Q, and my 1st Q to kick off taking on the 3rd Quarter Wednesday beatdowns in partnership with C4. I was interested to see what turnout we would have with holiday travel and general firework fatigue, but the 10 PAX that took the DRP came to work hard. I had been advised to have several backup exercises in case I needed to fill time and the PAX proved that true. Fortunately, I had several options to work with based on how the first workout went. The first workout of the day was pretty taxing, but the PAX moved through it much quicker than I imagined.
First things first, the Kodiak contributed 1,700 merkins (170 per PAX) for the Merkin Challenge.
Mosey to the stadium track for:
- 10 Seal Jacks IC
- 10 Copperhead Squats IC
- High Knees
- 10 SSH IC
- 10 Windmills IC
- High Heels
A Mile for Sad Clown Independence
In honor of America’s 241st year of independence, the PAX celebrated independence from being Sad Clowns with a mile run with 241 exercise reps
- Partner up for 4 laps (1 mile)
- Partner A heads left, Partner B heada right
- Along the end zones, 15 Lunge walks (R&L = 1)
- When Partners meet at Home stands: 15 pattycake merkins
- When Partners meet at Visitor stands: 15 partner derkins
- For those doing the math, this equals 240, so we started it all off with 1 burped to get to 241
- LBCs and Flutter kicks while we waited for the 6
The PAX then moseyed to the grassy area by the tennis courts for…
YHC spaced out 3 cones in the shape of a triangle, each about 20-25 yards apart. Bear crawl to each cone and complete 1, 2, and 3 burpees at each successive cone. Move right into lap 2 and increase the burpees to 4, 5, and 6.
Lots of mumble chatter after this, so YHC took a quick poll of what was currently hurting the most. The PAX voted that their legs were shot, so we moved to arms…
Before I told the PAX what the next exercise was, I asked 5 guys for a number between 1-12 (answers: 5, 7, 1, 12, 3). The PAX assumed a plank position fixed on a light pole as 12 o’clock. Keeping our feet stationary, we walked our hands to the right to the proper hour and did 10 merkins. We then alternated rotating to the left and right until we completed all 5 hour positions with 10 merkins at each stop.
A few minutes remained for the beatdown, so it was time to bring a little more pain to the legs with Aiken Legs. The bleachers were wet, so we substituted Step ups for Box Jumps.
- 20 Squats
- 20 Step Ups
- 20 Lunges (R&L = 2)
- 20 Lunge Jumps
- The Mole’s grandmothers, both in their 90s, are experiencing health issues.
- Bloodhound’s family traveling back home to California
- Buckeye and family are spending the next 2 weeks visiting friends/family in Colorado and Michigan
- Our first 3rd F was led after today’s beatdown by Lawdawg. A lot of good discussion about the first chapter of Jonah.
- 2nd F at Natty Light’s on the 14th