5 Pax arrived on the frost-covered fields of the Rubicon to get better on a brisk Saturday morning. Here is what happened.
- Cotton Pickers
- Imperial Walkers
Pax went on a Merkin Mile run with 10 diamond merkins at every speed bump and 10 merkins at each cross road. We returned to the parking lot to shed extra layers and mosey down to the rec center. Pax prepared for series of pain stations.
- Balls to the Walls for as long as possible
- 5 burpees
- 10 pullups
- 15 swerkins
- 20 donkey kicks
- Repeato AMRAP
After 10 minutes and about 3 rounds, YHC was ready to die. But we pressed on.
Pax circled up and listened to Flower by Moby. Bring Sally up (plank)/Bring Sally down (low merkin position or elbow plank). This is no joke, and that song seems to last forever. We moseyed back to a nice warm spot and dealt the deck of pain.
- Diamonds= box cutters
- Spades= squats
- Clover= mountain climbers
- Hearts= monkey humpers
Go through the deck of cards and perform appropriate exercise and number on card. Jacks= 11, Queen = 12, King = 13, Ace = 15. After about 3/4 of the deck, Pax moseyed back for 5 MOM. LBCs, flutter kicks, crunchy frogs, and Rosalita. COT and BOM. Off for coffee.
- Weird Science jumped the gun and posted at 5:30. Then promptly went to Starbucks (closed) and fell asleep in the parking lot. He almost then missed the Pax because he overslept in his car outside the closed Starbucks because he was too eager to post this morning. That is spectacular.
- Muscle confusion was the name of the game today.
- Prayers for France and the state of this screwed up world we live in.
- YHC watched the coverage last night, and a French survivor was talking to a French reporter. They both wished each other good luck, and I thought luck is a terrible and terrifying way to live life. Grateful this morning for a Creator who is both strong and good in the midst of a broken and painful world. May we trust Him more each day.